Jeanee James photography is visual poetry, capturing in a picture what writers hope to convey with words.
- Jeanee captures the soul and tells a story in the click of a shutter, creating a time capsule and heirloom for you and your family.”
- Lou Belcher
- Writer, Florida Live Magazine
- In addition to photography, Jeanee is an award winning sculptor and potter.
- Her sculpture “Lean Into The Storm”, won National Honors with Genius Women in the Arts. May 2020
- Two of her sculptures won the highest honors at the Orlando Museum of Art. “Lean Into The Storm” won Best Of Show and “Butterflies” won First Place-People’s Choice. May 2020
Jeanee also loves hiking and adventuring.
She recently completed the 110 mile circuit around Tour Du Mont Blanc. Circumnavigating around the massive Mont Blanc, through three countries; France, Switzerland, and Italy. This was a challenge with a combined elevation gain of 32,800 feet.
Jeanee hiked solo 500 miles across Spain, on the 1000 year old pilgrimage called El Camino De Santiago. Check out her YouTube channel: Alaskan Pilgrim, to see every day of her full journey. 2018
Jeanee was voted “Best Photography Studio/Photographer” 2016 Readers Choice Award. Hometown News, Brevard County, Fl.
- She was selected as the Featured Guest Artist at the King Center of the Performing Arts in the show called “Truth or Dare” 2009
- She was named “Woman Artist of the Year” Brevard County Commission-CSW Central Florida 2008.
- She has won numerous Best of Shows, Blue Ribbons and rated Superior in both local and state competitions.
- She has been published in numerous magazines including: published nationally in Life Images by Somerset- landing the cover image, Petite Magnifique Magazine- landing the cover image, Brevard Bride Magazine and Florida Live Magazine.
- Her work can be seen at Holmes Regional Medical Center, Atlantic Coast Pediatric Center, March of Dimes Headquarters, shown at King Center of the Performing Arts, Fifth Avenue Art Gallery, Orlando Museum of Art-1st Thursdays, and Cystic Fibrosis Foundation Calendar.
- She is involved in Heart Gallery and NILMDTS charities.
- She teaches Creative Art Workshops in her home studio and local art shops.
- She created, designed, and leads Untethered – Women’s Art Retreats . A creative adventure to reboot, refill, and feed women’s souls through art, hiking, music, food and inspiring messages.Traveling to exciting locals around the nation.
- She has been the featured speaker at local schools, photography clubs and Eastern Florida State College Photography Dept.